OCPBlock™ System 400 Series Overview
Iron Systems integrated OCPBlock system is a hardware infrastructure solution inspired by the Open Compute Project (OCP). IRON OCPBlock simplifies data center infrastructure deployments by integrating OCP designed networking, compute and storage server hardware building blocks, the comprehensive OpenStack cloud virtualization software suite, and IRONClad deployment services into an optimized turnkey solution. This creates a complete single SKU solution that is simple to acquire and deploy.
Open Compute Project (OCP) Design – Faster, Leaner, Smarter, Better Modern Data Centers
OCP helps improve data center designs to maximize efficiency, reduce material use, and speed up build times. OCP provides an innovative “rapid deployment data center” (RDDC) concept, a modular and lean construction principles approach helps lower CAPEX and OPEX and offers simplicity, energy and cooling efficiency, high density, serviceability, scalability, and manageability. OCP server design is 38% more efficient and 24% less expensive to build and run than other state-of-the-art data centers.
OpenStack Cloud Computing IaaS Platform –Infrastructure-as-Service (Iaas) platform for Private, Hybrid and Public Clouds
OpenStack Cloud Computing platform provides Enterprise-class infrastructure-as-service (Iaas) platform; it helps meet the needs of public, hybrid and private clouds regardless of size. OpenStack includes Compute Manager (Nova), Network Virtualization (Neutron), Storage Virtualization (Swift & Cinder), Dashboard (Horizon) and Orchestration (Heat) that are simple to implement and massively scalable. OpenStack technologies bolster IT efficiency and offers faster application delivery in virtualized, cloud and dedicated environments. Key benefits include:
- Optimized and lower cost of hardware design, and
- Reduced dependence on redundant infrastructure investment.
- Reduced CAPEX and timelines to implement new capacity.
- Reduced OPEX through improved PUE and higher utilization.
OCPBlock™ System 400 platforms is available as single or modular multi-rack POD configurations, optimized for scalable cloud deployments. Built-in redundancy provides highly available and resilient operations that support that supports wide variety of workloads:
- Service providers offering an IaaS compute platform or services higher up the stack
- IT departments acting as cloud service providers for business units and project teams
- Processing big data with tools like Hadoop
- Scaling compute up and down to meet demand for web resources and applications
- High-performance computing (HPC) environments processing diverse and intensive workloads
Single SKU, Turnkey Infrastructure Delivery Model
Pre-Configured, pre-integrated infrastructure to achieve better business results:
- Integration by design: deeply integrated compute, storage, and networking resources so you can deploy in hours instead of days.
- Built-in expertise: automated management and deployment expertise for physical and virtual resources so your experts can focus on innovation.
- Simplified experience: optimized configurations to accelerate purchase, deployment and time to value for your solution.
Open Standards, Energy Efficient,
Modular Data Center Infrastructure
- Fully Integrated Solution: Turnkey, Single vendor hardware and software integration solution for easy private, hybrid and public cloud deployment
- Low Cost Deployment: Out-of-the-Box integration cuts down design, build and deployment time, helps fast track OCP experience
- Commodity Hardware, Reduced TCO: Up to 30% saving over traditional tier-1 Cloud solutions
- 24x7 Support Services: Expedited deployment, helpdesk support & on-site HW replacement services