Dual Controller Platforms - Storage Servers SBB
3U SBB Platform: Mission Critical Storage Solution from Supermicro
- Innovative, fully redundant, fault-tolerant "Storage Cluster-in-a-box" system.
- Dual, hot-swappable dual processor serverboard canisters for all active components.
- Supports 16x 3.5" Hot-swap HDDs (SAS or SATA*) with the option to expand by using multiple 16x 3.5” SBB JBOD
- Dual 10GbE connection between the Serverboards via the midplane:
- If one serverboard fails, the other serverboard is able to take over control and access the HDD's (both controllers can also work as Active-active mode), keeping the system up and running.
- Storage software is the key to enable this feature, which is available from several Supermicro's partners.
- High-efficiency redundant power supplies and redundant cooling fans, the SBB storage server is a highly-available, high-reliability storage system at a competitive price.
Super SBB Storage Server: Key Features (SYS-6036ST-6LR)
- 3U Mission critical storage server
- High Density: 16x 3.5" hot-swap SAS(2)/SATA* HDDs - up to 32TB
- Fastest Storage: 6Gb/s SAS 2.0
- Robust Data Availability:
- Shared storage between redundant controllers
- Redundant power supply and cooling system
- Greener Storage:
- Gold Level (93%) efficiency power supply
- 90%+ VRM power efficiency
Super SBB Storage Server: Key Components
SBB Chassis: SC937ETS-R1200NDBP
- 3U Rack mount storage chassis
- Midplane - Controllers' connections via midplane, dual 10GbE LAN & IPMI
- Power supplies - PWS-1K21P-1R (80 PLUS Gold Level Certified)
- Redundant controllers - X8DTS-F
- Hot-swap cooling system
- Mezzanine options: AOM-SAS2-L8 (LSI 2008 chip)
Super SBB controller: X8DTS-F
- Intel® Dual Nehalem-EP Processors; Tylersburg-IOH-36D chipset
- Up to 48GB DDR3 1333/1066/800 reg. ECC / 12GB unb. ECC in 6 DIMMs
- SAS2 support with x36 expander & LSI 2008 / 2108 controller options
- 3x PCI-E Gen2 slots - up to 3 add-on cards for host I/O connectivity
- Onboard BMC for IPMI 2.0 support
- Internal ports: one USB Type A port & one SATA DOM port
- External ports: dual GbE LAN ports, KVM connecter (1 COM port, 2 USB, VGA), & one 6Gb/s SAS2 port for cascading
SAS2 Mezzanine Card: AOM-SAS2-L8
- LSI 2008 SAS2 controller
- 2x performance of previous generation SAS
- Best performance per Watt / Dollar SAS 2.0 solution in the market
Super SBB Storage JBOD: Scalability Option
SuperSBB JBOD: SYS-937R-E2JB
- Share the same chassis with Super SBB
- Connect Multiple JBODs to a single SBB Storage Server
- Redundant Dual Path JBOD with LSI SAS2 Expander
- 6Gb/s SAS(2) / SATA support
Copyright © 1996-2014 Iron Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.