HPC Server Platforms
High performance with simplicity and value
Iron provides seamless end-to-end solutions that integrate hardware, software, consulting, and support services for customers with high performance computing (HPC) requirements.
Iron's high performance computing solutions help solve some of the most challenging computational intensive tasks facing business, educational, defence, manufacturing, rendering, visualization, streaming and scientific applications. By integrating the latest advances in industry-standard servers, high speed interconnects and leading open source and commercial software, Iron's HPC solutions deliver the performance of proprietary SMP (symmetric multiprocessing) systems, with the simplicity and value of industry standard computing.
Iron streamlines HPC deployment and management
Iron's HPC solution is designed to simplify HPC deployment and management.
iCluster Infrastructure Blocks: Iron offers a comprehensive infrastructure stack from leading industry-standard building blocks and best-in-class partner products. The result is a highly scalable HPC solution that can deliver exceptional performance and manageability at a fraction of the cost of proprietary systems.
Hardware Building Blocks:
- Master Node and Compute Nodes: Use of high-density rack mounted servers and blade servers is the most popular configuration for today's HPC cluster environment.
- Network Interconnect: Besides the compute nodes, each rack could be equipped with network switches, UPS, PDU (power distribution unit), and so on. For some types of applications where communication bandwidth between nodes is critical, low-latency and/or high-bandwidth interconnects such as Gigabit Ethernet, Myrinet, Quadrics, Infiniband, etc., are common choices for interconnecting among compute nodes.
- System Management: Several connections are available for cluster monitoring and management. The serial port and BMC (Baseboard Management Controller accessible via first NIC) provides a console redirection feature as an additional route for monitoring and managing the compute nodes from the master without relying on the network connectivity or interfering with the network activities. IPMI add-on card can be used for remote management along with the iKVM (keyboard-video-mouse) that access the compute nodes through a non-traditional switch with cat-5 cables and TCP/IP networking.
Software Building Blocks:
- Operating System Customization: We support a large number of operating system softwares more »
- HPC software components: It include operating system, hardware drivers, middleware, compiler, parallel program development environment, debugger, performance analyzer, hardware level node monitoring/management tool, OS level node monitoring/management tool, cluster monitor/management tool and parallel applications.
HPC System Integration Services:
- Following the hardware and software components selection for you specific requirements, installation and implementation are designed to be very straightforward. After all the nodes are racked and all the interconnects and power cords are connected, the next step is to install the planned software. There are three steps to complete software configuration and testing:
- Step 1: Install operating system and all the selected software to master node(s) and compute nodes
- Step 2: Configure all the nodes
- Step 3: Perform a pilot run of the HPC cluster and tune cluster performance accordingly
iCluster configuration Lab: Iron offers a streamlined implementation process by validating and pre-configuring HPC bundles that meet a wide variety of application needs. Iron Services plays an instrumental role in helping to ensure a fast, smooth deployment and on-going support.
Iron's HPC solution is a prime example of how we deliver supercomputing performance, the benefits include:
- Reduced IT Overhead: Simple to deploy, and manage helps drive down cost and complexity.
- Efficient Management: Single point-of-control for large set of servers and nodes workload manager and isolation of non-production workloads
- Improved Availability: Component level redundancy, redundant and hotswap disks, power supply, cooling components and processors.
- Excellent performance and system scalability
- Low Cost alternatives: Clustering possibilities for small set of high performance servers
Copyright © 1996-2013 Iron Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.